As a parent or soon to be parent, you know and expect challenges, sacrifices and memorable moments throughout your child’s life. However, what you don’t expect is the little moments that your child inspires you or you inspiring your child. As a parent you wish those moments lasted forever, but time goes on and so do those 50 sacrifices that make it all worth that 1 special moment in your child’s life.
These “parenting” quotes are inspiring to all guardians of children. They really teach you the importance of life and what really matters. Share a laugh, tell a story or shed a tear as you read through your child’s life…
Read these 10 Inspiring Parenting Quotes with your spouse, friend, family member or keep to yourself and enjoy:
1. “Trust yourself. You know more than you think you do.” -Benjamin Spock
2. “You can learn many things from children. How much patience you have, for instance.” – Franklin P. Adams
4. “Your kids require you most of all to love them for who they are, not to spend your whole time trying to correct them.” – Bill Ayers
5. “We spend the first 12 months of our children’s lives teaching them to walk and talk and the next 12 months teaching them to sit down and shut up.” – Phyllis Diller
7. “To be in your children’s memories tomorrow, You have to be in their lives today.” – Barbara Johnson
8. “What it’s like to be a parent: It’s one of the hardest things you’ll ever do but in exchange it teaches you the meaning of unconditional love.” – Nicholas Sparks, (The Wedding)
9. “Children have never been very good at listening to their elders, but they have never failed to imitate them.” – James Baldwin
10. “To bring up a child in the way he should go – travel that way yourself.” – Josh Billings
These quotes are intended for every loving parent/guardian to remind them that the days are short, time is of the essence and children are only young once. Capture that moment for yourself, teach the lesson with patience and once again, remember this day, this moment and that this day will never come around again.
Follow PIC on Twitter and Like us on Facebook for parenting tips, advice and classes!