A child waits for this time of year to dive tUse extra caution when your child dive their hands into a messy, gooey, slimy pumpkin. Be sure to use extra precaution when your child dives into carving that pumpkin with knives and other sharp cutting utensils. The following 5 Tips will help when young ones want to help and carve their own pumpkin:
1. Small children are not recommended to not carve pumpkins, instead they can draw on a pumpkins face with markers and use stick-ons for creative look.
2. Use an LED light or glow stick inside the pumpkin, instead of using a votive candle.
3. Place (candlelit) pumpkins on a sturdy table or flat surface outside and remain within view of all flammable objects.
4. Wash your hands and utensils very good, as the sticky, gooey as the bacteria attracts to utensils.
5. Carve or decorate pumpkins on a flat surface. Pumpkins come in all shapes and sizes and you never know where or whose toes they’ll roll off on.
Have fun during this time of year but remember safety first!
- See more at: www.AAP.com