Volunteering over the Holidays can bring so much joy to those in need. The following are a few places around the Greater Grand Forks area that could use an extra hand and food over the upcoming season…
- Ring a bell during the holidays (sign up online)
- Sort toy donations (weekdays Dec. 2-13, ages 18 and older)
- Volunteer at our Toy Shop distribution on Thursday, Dec. 19 or Friday, Dec. 20 from 9 a.m. to Noon
- Pack holiday meals on Wednesday, Dec. 18 from 10 a.m. to Noon
Select the opportunity suitable to your interests, then call Gloria Horton at 701-775-2597 ext. 200 to sign up.
Between the week of Thanksgiving and the end of the year, the Mission will provide nearly 12,000 meals to hungry men, women and children.
The Mission will provide a turkey dinner for program participants, shelter guests and members of the community from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thanksgiving Day at St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, 319 S. Fifth St., Grand Forks.
Now accepting the following donations for Northlands Rescue Mission:
- Turkey, ham, pork, chicken and beef
- Canned vegetables (#10 cans are especially appreciated)
- Stuffing mix
- Potatoes (instant)
- Packaged turkey gravy mix
- Frozen pumpkin or fruit pies
- Salad dressings
- Peanut butter & jelly
- Razors, shower gel & deodorant (gender neutral)
- Brushes and combs
- Sweatshirts (Men-sizes L-4XL, Women-sizes M-3X)
- Men’s white T-shirts (Men-sizes L-4XL, Women-sizes M-3X)
- Underwear and socks
- Pajamas (Men-sizes L-4XL, Women-sizes M-3X)
- Tennis shoes
- Winter hats and gloves
- Shampoo & conditioner
If you are in need of volunteers over the Holiday season, please post your information on how to volunteer or what items are needed to help you and your organization. You can share details below and on the PIC Facebook Page.